What to Write in a Wedding Card: Best MessagesLast updated: February 8th, 2023 Published on: July 31, 2018
Need to find something to write in a wedding card? Whatever your relation to the happy couple, you’ll find a huge range of ideas below. We’ve searched the internet and consulted our card experts here to come up with the best list of ideas, and something you can pinch and pass off as your own. Enjoy!
Simple and Easy Messages
- Wishing you lots of love and happiness.
- Woohoo you got married! Wishing you two lovebirds a lifetime of Netflix binging.
- A toast to the best pairing I’ve ever seen!
- You guys are so perfect together! Congratulations! Super happy for you both!
- It’s official! You’re stuck with one another! Congratulations on your wedding, and all the best for a future full of fun and adventures.
- Lots of love and joy to both of you on this exciting day.
- Congratulations on finding the perfect partner in crime.
- So happy to celebrate this day with you both! Wishing you a long and happy marriage.
- Really happy for you both – I’m predicting cute babies ;o)
- Wishing you a lifetime of joy and happiness!
- Wishing you both the happily-ever-after you deserve.
- It’s time to knock back the prosecco and pretend like this hasn’t been the most stressful day of your life.
- Well done on finding that one person you want to annoy for the rest of your lives.
- Remember, marriage is a workshop… where the husband works and the wife shops.
- Thanks for inviting us to eat and drink while you get married. Congrats!
- What do late nights, parties and hanging out with friends have in common? You won’t be able to do any of them from now on! Happy wedding day.
- Congrats on probably not dying alone.
- Congratulations for finally succumbing to life’s biggest myth – a successful marriage.
- Now you’re married, you must master the art of saying yes when you actually want to say no!
- Thanks for reminding me how much money I will save by not getting married 😉
- Well done on tying the knot (as well as the chains around your legs!)
- Wishing you two lovebirds a lifetime of Netflix binging!
- I can’t wait to sob uncontrollably at your wedding.
- I guess you won’t be a crazy cat person after all. Well done!
- Forever is a long time… congrats… I think?
- Now you can eat, drink and get fat, who cares – you’re married!
- You may be married, but you don’t have to grow up! Congratulations on your wedding!
- There’s only one way to have a happy marriage and as soon as I learn what it is I’ll get married again.
Rude/Offensive Things to Say
- The key to a great marriage is to keep the fights clean… and the sex dirty.
- Stay in love, stay married, stay hopeful, most of all, stay together – divorce is too expensive.
- I can’t believe you’re getting married before me. This is bulls***.
- May you not accidentally get pregnant on the honeymoon!
- Remember love is all you need… stick with crap like that and you’ll do great!
- I would have got you a nicer card, but we were only invited to the evening do!
- Congratulations on “I Doing” each other!
- Marriage w***ers!
- Congratulations on your wedding day! There better be an open bar or I retract my previous statement.
- Love and marriage get better with each passing year. May all that you feel today be just the start.
- Congratulations on making this step together, and may your love see you through all life’s ups and downs.
- Can’t wait to watch you two turn into the cutest little old married couple to live.
- Congratulations on your wedding! We are so happy for you and wish you all the love and happiness in the world.
- May your love be modern enough to survive the times, but old-fashioned enough to last forever!
- You have shared so much love and laughter over your years together, and I know there will be many more joyful moments to come.
- Wishing you all the best with the ceremony and a long and happy future together. May the honeymoon last forever!
- If at first you don’t succeed, try doing it the way your wife told you.
- Rules to a happy marriage: 1. The wife is always right. When you feel she is wrong, slap yourself and remember rule number 1 again.
- Being married is like having a best friend that doesn’t remember anything you say.
- Marriage is a relationship in which one is always right and the other is the husband.
- No matter how hard it gets, the first 50 years of marriage are always the hardest.
- A marriage is just two people constantly asking each other what they want to eat.
- Love is blind. Marriage is an eye-opener!
For more ideas visit our wedding card selection, or why not check out our personalised wedding gifts.