Graduation is a special time of year and a huge milestone in a young person’s life; but what should you write in a card and what will make them smile? Whether you want a thoughtful sentiment or a funny message so your card stands out, we’ve put together some of the best ideas from both our cards and our own research. Read on and take your favourite quote to put in the graduation card you’re sending.
Simple Congrats Messages
- You did it. Now it’s time to celebrate!
- One degree equals two happy parents. Congratulations on your Graduation!
- All the best for a bright future ahead of you!
- It’s great to see all your hard work has finally paid off.
- Caps off to you, well done!
- Congratulations on your well-deserved success.
- Congratulations on your graduation and best wishes for your next adventure!
- I knew you could do it – I’m really proud of you.
- You did it! Now it’s all over. Or it’s all beginning, depending on how you look at it.
Funny Graduation Messages
- Congratulations! Now you can finally start getting paid to work rather than having to pay to do it!
- I always knew you would barely graduate, well done!
- Did you ever think this day would come? We didn’t think so either!
- Congratulations, have fun dressing up in a gown and silly hat!
- Well done on getting through the easy part of life!
- Enjoy the last episode of Neighbours and Jeremy Kyle while you can!
- Happy graduation and welcome to the real world!
- May your amazing uni memories last longer than your loan repayments!
- My deepest condolences on the end of your university life.
- Congrats to me sitting through the whole ceremony.
- Don’t worry! I’m still smarter than you, and you will still get advice from me all the time.
- I guess I have to stop calling you an idiot now that you’ve graduated. Don’t worry though, I’m still clever enough to come up with plenty of other names for you.
- I lost a bet. Because YOU actually graduated!
- Damn… now I don’t have to pay tuition fees anymore… said no one ever! Congratulations graduate.
- Say goodbye to all the lie-ins, partying and free time – the hard work starts now!
- Sometimes people who are trying to make a profession out of going to school accidentally graduate. Oops!
- Isn’t it amazing how far people can go now that Google and Wikipedia are around to help?
- Now that you’ve graduated, maybe you’re smart enough to figure out how to pay back your student loans.
- Now it’s time to enter the real world. Don’t worry, none of us know what we’re doing here either!
Thoughtful, Proud Messages
- This definitely won’t be the last time I get to brag about you.
- I’m sure today will be only the first of many proud, successful moments for you.
- Take pictures. Take your time celebrating. Take it easy for a while. Then get ready to take on the world!
- You get a piece of paper, but it means so much more than that. I hope you feel proud of your accomplishments.
- Congrats! A graduation is something you should be especially proud of. You deserve to enjoy every hard-earned second.
- Congratulations on your accomplishment! We are so proud of the person you have grown to be and will continue to enjoy watching you grow. We look forward to seeing what else you achieve as you move forward.
- Many dream, some try, but only a few achieve. You are an achiever. You have made us all proud, keep up the good work.
- Congratulations graduate! I’m confident you will continue to succeed in life. Keep up the good work.
For more ideas, check out our graduation cards where you can upload photos, add names and messages for that extra special card.