We’ve all been there; when the big card gets passed around the office, it’s time for you to use your creativity and write a funny comment. Luckily we’ve pulled together a list of unique, original and classic things to say in a leaving card. Whatever type of comment you’re looking for, simply choose your favourite from our lists below.
Funny Leaving Card Wishes
Send them on their way with a funny leaving card that they’ll love, complete with a hilarious message for them to remember you by. Not sure what to write? We’ve got you covered. Here are some of our favourite messages to write in their card that’ll have them laughing.
- Keep your mouth shut and you’ll be OK.
- Sorry to hear you’re leaving, I’ve only just come to regard you as “someone I’ve met”.
- You don’t know who I am, but I contributed to your leaving fund anyway.
- Happy birthday, have a good one.
- We’ve already celebrated you leaving, but didn’t invite you – we didn’t think clubbing was your sort of thing.
- I don’t know who you are, but good luck anyway.
- You’ll be back…
- So long, I’ll miss our awkward conversations about the weather.
- Well done, you got away with it. I won’t tell anyone.
- Please don’t leave me alone with these people.
- I’ll never forget you [insert wrong name].
- Some of us are really going to miss you!
- You think you’re leaving. But no one leaves. Ever.
- You’re leaving? I never liked you anyway.
- Yeah, whatever…
What to Say to Colleagues (Funny)
Saying goodbye to one of your work friends is always sad and the workplace just won’t be the same without them. So, if you’ve got to say goodbye, why not capture what you loved about them and include a funny message or reference one of the office jokes? Here are a few of our favourites…
- Good luck with the new job. It’ll probably be the same, you just won’t know anyone.
- Leaving? Didn’t know you’d started.
- I’ve worked with many people and I can honestly say you were one of them.
- I heard you’re being replaced by a water cooler…
- I can’t wait to steal your desk. I mean, sorry you’re leaving… good luck for the future.
- Congratulations on your new job that you probably won’t like any better.
- We’re all going to really miss doing your work for you.
- Good luck finding better co-workers than us in your new job!
- I don’t care what everyone else says, I liked working with you.
- Let’s hope your replacement actually does your job properly!
- All the best for the future. Can I have your chair?
- I would like to taste the cakes before writing anything nice or contributing to your fund, please.
- Goodbye! PS – if you haven’t brought in cakes, I want my money back!
- This is not goodbye. I will still be watching you outside office hours.
Thoughtful, Simple Messages
If you’re not sure what to say, sometimes a simple, thoughtful message can say it all. So, whether you’ve known them for years or you’d only just met, here are some brilliant ideas for what you can write in their card to wish them well.
- I’ve learned a lot working with you these past years. I know you’ll be successful in your new position. Thank you and goodbye!
- I’ve really enjoyed working with you. Good luck at your new job.
- Wishing you all the best in the next chapter of your career. Congratulations and good luck!
- Sorry you’re leaving. It was great working with you – all the best for the future.
- All the best for the future and good luck with your new chapter – keep in touch.
If you know each other so well that your conversations consist purely of making fun of each other through rude banter, then these card messages will be perfect. Tell them where they can stick their goodbye with these brilliant rude and offensive messages for their leaving card.
- Off to pastures new? Just remember, there’s crap in every field…
- Sorry you’re leaving. We had some great times… while you were out.
- I’m sorry to see the back of you – but it’s better than the front!
- You will be remembered.
- I never forget a face, but in your case, I’ll make an exception.
- All the best for the future and I hope that rash clears up soon.
- We are really going to miss trying to avoid you around here.
- I’d like to say I’ve enjoyed working with you… all the best.
- I’d like to say it’s been nice working with you, but that would suggest you’ve actually done some work.
If they’re taking off on travels (and leaving you behind!) then wish them well and send them good luck on their travels with a bon voyage card, complete with the perfect message. Here are our top picks for reliable messages to put in their card.
- Bon voyage …. I look forward to stalking your adventures on Facebook.
- Take me with you!
- I’ll miss you until you come back, you better make up for leaving by getting me awesome gifts. Happy travels!
- Don’t worry, we’ll be having tons of fun here in the office while you’re off travelling. I bet you’ll be well jealous…
- The office won’t be the same without you while you’re away… we might actually get some work done!
- Have fun horrifying the locals!
For more ideas, have a look at our leaving cards where you can get creative and upload photos, add names and more.