We’ve all been there; when the big card gets passed around the office, it’s time for you use your creativity and write a funny comment. Luckily we’ve pulled together a list of unique, original and classic things to say in a leaving card. Whatever type of comment you’re looking for, simply choose your favourite from our lists below.
Funny Leaving Card Wishes
- Keep your mouth shut and you’ll be OK.
- Sorry to hear you’re leaving, I’ve only just come to regard you as “someone I’ve met”.
- You don’t know who I am, but I contributed to your leaving fund anyway.
- Happy birthday, have a good one.
- We’ve already celebrated you leaving, but didn’t invite you – we didn’t think clubbing was your sort of thing.
- I don’t know who you are, but good luck anyway.
- You’ll be back…
- So long, I’ll miss our awkward conversations about the weather.
- Well done, you got away with it. I won’t tell anyone.
- Please don’t leave me alone with these people.
- I’ll never forget you [insert wrong name].
- Some of us are really going to miss you!
- You think you’re leaving. But no one leaves. Ever.
- You’re leaving? I never liked you anyway.
- Yeah, whatever…
What to Say to Colleagues (Funny)
- Good luck in the new job. It’ll probably be the same, you just won’t know anyone.
- Leaving? Didn’t know you’d started.
- I’ve worked with many people and I can honestly say you were one of them.
- I heard you’re being replaced by a water cooler…
- I can’t wait to steal your desk. I mean, sorry you’re leaving… good luck for the future.
- Congratulations on your new job that you probably won’t like any better.
- We’re all going to really miss doing your work for you.
- Good luck finding better co-workers than us in your new job!
- I don’t care what everyone else says, I liked working with you.
- Let’s hope your replacement actually does your job properly!
- All the best for the future. Can I have your chair?
- I would like to taste the cakes before writing anything nice or contributing to your fund, please.
- Goodbye! PS – if you haven’t brought in cakes, I want my money back!
- This is not goodbye. I will still be watching you outside office hours.
Thoughtful, Simple Messages
- I’ve learned a lot working with you these past years. I know you’ll be successful in your new position. Thank you and goodbye!
- I’ve really enjoyed working with you. Good luck at your new job.
- Wishing you all the best in the next chapter of your career. Congratulations and good luck!
- Sorry you’re leaving. It was great working with you – all the best for the future.
- All the best for the future and good luck with your new chapter – keep in touch.
- Off to pastures new? Just remember, there’s crap in every field…
- Sorry you’re leaving. We had some great times… while you were out.
- I’m sorry to see the back of you – but it’s better than the front!
- You will be remembered.
- I never forget a face, but in your case, I’ll make an exception.
- All the best for the future and I hope that rash clears up soon.
- We are really going to miss trying to avoid you around here.
- I’d like to say I’ve enjoyed working with you… all the best.
- I’d like to say it’s been nice working with you, but that would suggest you’ve actually done some work.
- Bon voyage …. I look forward to stalking your adventures on Facebook.
- Take me with you!
- I’ll miss you until you come back, you better make up for leaving by getting me awesome gifts. Happy travels!
- Don’t worry, we’ll be having tons of fun here in the office while you’re off travelling. I bet you’ll be well jealous…
- The office won’t be the same without you while you’re away… we might actually get some work done!
- Have fun horrifying the locals!
For more ideas, have a look at our leaving cards where you can get creative and upload photos, add names and more.