What to Write in a Congratulations Card: Best MessagesPublished on: January 26, 2021
Congratulations! Whether it’s surpassing a milestone or celebrating a significant event, taking time out to celebrate achievements is a great way to enjoy the little things in life, as well as showing that you care. So, whether it’s a new job, new baby, or an exam passed with flying colours, here are a few ideas for what you could write in their congratulations card.
New Job or Promotion Messages
With the average Brit spending 1,791 hours a year at work, a new job or promotion is definitely a cause for celebration! Here are a few suggestions for what you could say, ranging from rude to funny and thoughtful.
- Congratulations, you’ve earned it! All the best with the new role.
- All your hard work has paid off, I’m so proud of you. Congratulations!
- Missing you already, it won’t be the same without you!
- Wishing all the best success in your new role. Well done.
- Here’s to your continued growth and success in a new role.
- Your new job sounds like a perfect fit, well done for working at it and I wish you the best – good luck!
- Good luck finding a team as nice as us at your new job!
- Congratulations on finally leaving that s*** hole!
- Good luck! Traitor.
- Well done on finding a new job that’ll put up with you!
For more inspiration view our full article on what to write in a new job card. Or why not browse our range of new job cards here.
Passed Exam or Graduation Messages
Whether they’re graduating from university or passed an exam, here’s our pick for some thoughtful and funny messages to include…
- You’ve done it! Time for a drink!
- All your hard work has paid off, we are so proud. Well done.
- Well done, you can finally relax. Not for too long though, time to get a job!
- Congratulations on your well-deserved success.
- Congratulations! Now you can finally start getting paid to work rather than paying to study!
- You set your mind to something and you’ve achieved it. You should be proud!
- Wow, you passed and proved me wrong! Well done!
- Well done on graduating! May the memories last longer than the student loan payments.
- Congratulations to Google to getting you through your studies!
- Well done on finishing your studies, welcome to the real world!
For more inspiration read our full article on graduation card messages or browse our range of graduation cards and exam congratulation cards.
New Baby or Pregnancy Messages
Bringing a new life into the world is definitely something to celebrate. So, whether it’s a close friend or family, here are a few messages to include on your congratulations card that are sure to get a smile.
- Wishing you a lifetime of happiness.
- Being a parent means hours of cuddles and smiles, best wishes on your pregnancy!
- Wishing you an easy delivery and a happy, healthy baby.
- Many congratulations on your new bundle of joy – hopefully they take after their parents!
- Having a baby is a magical adventure. Don’t forget to pamper yourself, you deserve it!
- Hello baby, goodbye sleep…!
- If you’re struggling to think of good baby name ideas, you could always think of people close to you… like me!
- So excited to hear the news, congratulations and best wishes on many years of joy to come.
- Having a baby is a year of cuddles followed by years of struggles, but don’t worry – it gets easier once they’re old enough to move out!
- Sincerest congratulations, you are going to make amazing parents and I’m so excited for you.
For more ideas and inspiration view our article on what to write in a new baby card. Or why not browse our range of new baby and pregnancy cards?
Passed Driving Test Messages
Passing your driving test is often seen as a right of passage for teenagers taking the first steps into adulthood. Regardless of how old they are, join the celebrations by sending them some love, as well as a funny message about their driving.
- Congratulations, now you’ve got to deal with traffic like the rest of us.
- Well done! How much did you bribe the instructor?
- I knew you could do it, well done. Have fun exploring (and drive safely)!
- Congratulations – and no you can’t borrow the car.
- You passed! It doesn’t surprise me as you’ve had plenty of experience driving me insane.
- Well done! I give it a week before the road rage kicks in.
- I’m so proud – but I’m also scared for the rest of us!
- I see all your practice in GTA has paid off, well done!
- You’ve passed your test and have been set free on the roads – god help us all.
- Congratulations, you can say goodbye to those ‘L’ plates!
You can read our full what to write in a passed driving test card article for more inspiration. Or browse our range of passed driving test cards here.
Engagement and Marriage Messages
Is that wedding bells? Engagements and weddings are an incredibly joyous occasion and the perfect excuse for a celebration! Here are our selections for some romantic, inspirational, and slightly cheeky messages to include in your card.
- Congratulations – who’s the unlucky lucky person?
- So happy to hear the news, wishing you all the best for the future.
- Well done on getting hitched – it’s about time!
- We’re so excited for you both, you make such a cute couple. Can’t wait to celebrate with you.
- Congratulations! I’m 90% happy for you and 10% jealous. (OK, maybe 80% happy and 20% jealous)…
- Go forth and enjoy married life, this is the start of the best adventure you’ll ever go on!
- Congratulations on finding someone who makes you happy. Here’s to many years to come!
- Welcome to married life, when’s the party and is there an open bar?
- It’s natural to fall in and out of love when married – just make sure it’s only with each other!
- Congratulations, and remember to never laugh at your partner’s choices; you are one of them now!
Read our full what to write in an engagement card article for more inspiration or browse our range of engagement cards and wedding cards here.
New Home Messages
A new home is a huge milestone in life, being a new beginning and a chance to create exciting new memories! Here’s our suggestions for a few thoughtful, funny and rude messages to write in your new home card.
- Congratulations on the new home! I hope the neighbours are as lovely as you are.
- Wishing you all the best in making your new house a home.
- Well done, you’re proper adults now – mortgage and everything!
- We’re so happy to hear about your new home. Here’s to creating many years of happy memories!
- I heard you’ve got a new home, congratulations! Please send me the Wi-Fi login asap, thanks.
- I feel sorry for your new neighbours, your old neighbours are probably celebrating already!
- I’m so excited for you, well done! No, that doesn’t mean I’m willing to help you move though.
- Congratulations! Hopefully your new home is further away so I don’t have to see you as much.
- Well done on getting yourselves into huge debt, I guess you’ll be saving money by staying in from now on!
- Congratulations on the new home, I can’t wait to see which room is going to be mine.
You can read our full what to write in a new home card article for more inspiration, and why not explore ideas for new home gifts as well?
Retirement marks the end of one chapter and the beginning of a whole new adventure. So, if a colleague or friend is retiring, why not mark the event with a motivating or hilarious message for them to remember? Take a look at our top picks below.
- Goodbye tension, hello pension! Welcome to retirement!
- For someone who has worked so hard, it’s time for some well-deserved relaxation.
- The great thing about retirement is that suddenly Mondays aren’t so bad anymore…
- Well done! Don’t forget to turn off the alarm for Monday morning!
- Retirement is a great opportunity to work on living, rather than living for work.
- Congratulations on your retirement, you’re making the rest of us jealous!
- It’s been a pleasure working with you, congratulations on a standout career and best wishes.
- Welcome to retirement, the money might not be as good, but the hours are amazing!
- A huge congratulations, I wish you an incredible time whatever your retirement plans.
- Goodbye stuffy meetings and reports, hello quiet relaxation and weekday golfing!
For more inspiration view our full article on what to write in a retirement card. Or browse our range of retirement cards here.
For more general ideas check out our congratulations cards, or why not send them a little extra something with our congratulations gifts.