What to Write in a Father’s Day Card: Best MessagesLast updated: June 2nd, 2023 Published on: April 11, 2018
Every year you have to write something inside your Father’s Day card, right? Well, we’ve made it easy for you, you’ll find loads of great ideas from funny and rude to thoughtful and simple in our sections below. We’ve looked around the internet and rummaged through our own cards to come up with some of the greatest ideas. Simply pick out your favourite line and pass it off as your own – dad will never know.
Simple Father’s Day Card Messages
- Happy dad day! Thanks for being my dad!
- Dad, you’re the best! Thanks for everything.
- To the world’s greatest dad, from the world’s greatest child.
- Happy Father’s Day, thanks for being an awesome dad. Have a great day!
- Thanks for all you have done for me, dad.
- Wishing you a very happy Father’s Day and thanking you for being a great dad.
- Dad – thanks for all the help, love and support. Happy Father’s Day!
- You will never go out of style. Happy Father’s day to the coolest dad.
- Happy Father’s Day to one of my favourite ever parents.
- Well done dad – I turned out awesome!
- I hope your Father’s Day is as fun as your life was before you had us kids.
- I love how we don’t even need to say out loud that I am your favourite child. It’s a really special bond we share.
- Happy Father’s Day dad, you’ve always been like a father to me.
- Dad – I wouldn’t trade you for anything. I mean, nobody’s offered me anything, but I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t!
- Even though you never bought me a pony, I still love you. Happy Father’s Day!
- I was going to give you the most amazing gift ever… then I remembered you already have me.
- All I can say is that mum had amazing taste to pick you to be our dad!
- Happy Father’s Day to someone who inexplicably loves signing his name in each of his text messages.
- Thanks for having me – even though it was so you’d have someone to take care of you when you’re old and lonely.
- As a reward for being such a good father, I promise I’ll let you pick your own nursing home…
- Thanks for not leaving me somewhere in a bucket.
- Well done – you rank in the top 10 of all the dads I’ve ever had.
- Thanks for not letting me screw up my life.
- You’ve always been my favourite ATM.
- Happy Father’s Day. I’m sorry I spent all of your money!
- Thanks for helping me out financially so I can be an independent person and not rely on others.
- I’m so grateful for all the things you’ve done for me over the years that I bought you this £3 card. Happy Father’s Day.
- Dad, I just wanted to say congratulations, I turned out perfectly.
- Have a great Father’s Day. Love from your favourite financial burden.
- Please accept this Father’s Day card as a token of my poverty.
- You’re by far the best dad I could have asked for…until you start dancing!
- I just wanted to say happy Father’s Day to my hero and role model. Unfortunately I don’t have one so I’ll say it to you instead.
- I don’t usually thank people for knocking up my mum… you are the exception.
- I’m so happy it was you who knocked up mum!
- Happy Father’s Day from one of your most legitimate children.
- Thanks for fulfilling your role as my dad adequately.
- Thanks for putting up with all of my sh**.
- Happy Father’s Day. Thanks for occasionally wiping my bum and stuff.
- Ignore what mum says about you, I don’t think you’re that bad.
- Thanks for teaching me all those swear words you f***ing legend.
Thoughtful Things to Say
- I don’t say this often enough but I just want to thank you for everything you do for me, I really appreciate it!
- Any man can be a father but it takes a special someone to be a dad.
- You’re still the one I think of first when I have a question about something or when I just need some support and good advice. Thank you for always being there for me.
- You’re still my hero and my role model. Thanks for being here for me and being a great example through life so far.
- The older I get the more I realise how much you have done for me. You’ve provided stability, support and so much more! Thanks for everything, dad.
- Thanks for being there every day for me. Everything you’ve taught me has stuck with me and I’m lucky to have a dad like you!
- Dad, you are someone I will always look up to no matter how tall I grow.
- Dad, I can’t imagine what my life would have been like without you. Thanks so much for everything, you’re amazing.
- Thanks for being there all my life. I can’t imagine where I’d be without you.
- Thank you for always believing me and making my life feel important.
- I used to worry about turning into my parents, now I hope I do!
What to Write for Grandad
- Happy grandad’s day! Remember, the very best dads are promoted to grandad!
- Grandad, you really are a perfectly aged, limited edition!
- Happy father’s day grandad. You’re one of my favourite grandparents!
- Thanks for being the world’s best grandad!
- Happy Father’s Day to a father who is really grand.
For more ideas, visit our Father’s Day cards or why not add a special something to your card with one of our Father’s Day gifts.