Chances are, you love your mum deeply, but you don’t know how to say it. If you’re missing the words for Mother’s Day, don’t panic, we have compiled some brilliant sentences to help you find some inspiration. This short blog will provide you with some of the sweetest, funniest and beautifully meaningful messages to write in your Mother’s Day card. We have also gathered some very famous loving quotes from some of the best world-renowned authors and celebrities.
Sweet & Simple Messages
Sometimes simple is the best. If you’re looking for a brilliant message to write in your Mother’s Day cards that’s short and sweet, here are our top picks for a simply wonderful card.
- Quite simply: Thank you for being you.
- Happy Mother’s Day to the best mum of all! Lots of love.
- Thanks for putting up with us! We love you like crazy.
- Sending you all my love today – Happy Mother’s Day!
- Happy Mother’s Day! With love on your special day.
- It’s your turn to be spoilt today! Have a relaxing time Mum, all my love xxx
- Have a Bee-lightful day! My favourite Busy Bee!
- Behind every great kid is an amazing mum!
- Mum – thanks so much for everything you do! You’re the best.
- Thanks for being the best mum in the world!
Funny Mother’s Day Card Messages
If you get your sense of humour from your mum, why not fill your card with a message that’s sure to make her smile? From brilliant Mother’s Day puns to cheesy humour and brilliant jokes, here are our top messages for the inside of your funny Mother’s Day card.
- I hope your Mother’s Day will be more pleasant than labour was!
- Flowers? Chocolates? Prosecco? They aren’t the best gift for you really! Luckily, you’ve got me!
- No matter where you are, I promise to always interrupt you.
- Happy centre of attention day! Don’t get too used to it!
- Congratulations Mum – I turned out awesome. Enjoy your day basking in the glory of my greatness.
- I know giving birth to me was tough, but nobody said making a masterpiece was easy!
- Mentor, Taxi Driver, Organiser, Educator, Referee – which name do you prefer?
- Mum, put your feet up & relax today, you can do the housework tomorrow
- I love you mum but please stop liking all my social media posts. Thanks
- Behind every great mother is a kid who’s even more awesome
- Happy Mother’s Day. Congratulations on giving birth to an absolute legend!
- Thanks for wiping my bum and stuff. Enjoy my card of thanks!
- You might have failed miserably with my sister/brother, but at least you nailed it with me!
- Mum, you deserve a luxury 5 star spa retreat! But if all else fails, just lock yourself in the bathroom with wine…
- Happy Mother’s Day! Love from the reason you drink 😉
Meaningful Mother’s Day Card Messages
If your mum is a hero to you, why not let her know? Simply letting the mum in your life know how much she means to you can be incredibly meaningful, and might even prompt a proud tear or two if she’s the emotional type! Here are a few of our favourite meaningful messages to inspire you.
- You’re my favourite role model and I hope one day to be as strong as you are.
- Because I know I can call you anytime. Thank you for your constant love throughout everything.
- Whatever happens in my life, be certain of only one thing: I’ll always love you.
- I know I should say it more often, but today seems quite timely: I love you, mum!
- I love you, mum! I thought you should know how much you mean to me, especially today… Lots and lots of love.
- For everything you do for us every single day – thank you mum! Have the best Mother’s Day of all! xxx
- Thank you for being there every day with just the love I needed.
- Mum, what’s so wonderful about this card… is the person holding it!
- I know raising me took a lot of patience. Thanks for hanging in there with me.
- Thanks for everything you have done for me! I wouldn’t be where I am today without a mum like you.
- Because you are always full of wise advice and know me even better than I know myself – thank you for always being there for me. All my love.
- Sorry if I drive you crazy sometimes. I only do it because you’re my favourite person in the world! I love you.
Famous Inspirational Quotes
History is full of amazing mums and many historical figures have written about the incredible support and love that a mum can bring. So, why not let them say it for you and pull from one of these brilliant inspirational quotes this Mother’s Day?
- “All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother” – Abraham Lincoln
- “A mother’s arms are made of tenderness and children sleep soundly in them” – Victor Hugo
- “God could not be everywhere, and therefore he made mothers.” – Rudyard Kipling
- “It may be possible to gild pure gold, but who can make his mother more beautiful?” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “Everything I am you helped me to be” – Unknown
- “My mother, she is beautiful, softened at the edges, and tempered with a spine of steel. I want to grow old and be like her” – Jodi Picoult
- “To describe my mother would be to write about a hurricane in its perfect power” – Maya Angelou
- “All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That’s his.”— Oscar Wilde
- “Insanity is hereditary; you can get it from your children.” Sam Levenson
We hope this selection has helped you write your card, or at least given you a couple of ideas to express your love in your own words. Don’t forget your gifts too; for some unique ideas visit our Mother’s Day Gifts.