What to Write in a New Job CardLast updated: December 11th, 2020 Published on: August 2, 2019
Searching for ideas on what to say to someone who’s just landed a new role? Whether they’re starting their career, had a promotion, or reached that special job they were dreaming of – we’ve compiled a few suggestions to help you find the right words to congratulate them or simply wish them good luck.
From simple messages to inspirational advice and funny or rude wishes, read on to find the ideal thing to say in their new job card.
Simple Congratulations Messages
1. Missing you already… Good luck!
2. Enjoy the greener pastures!
3. Congratulations on your new job! All the best with your new role.
4. Wishing you the best success in your new role xx
5. Cheers to your continued success – you deserve your promotion and will do great in your new role!
6. Congratulations for landing a great job!
7. Your positive work attitude and ambition have paid off! Congratulations xx
8. They couldn’t have picked someone better for the job. Congratulations mate! You’ll be amazing I’m sure.
9. We’re so happy for you! Congratulations on your new dream job!
10. The office won’t be the same without you – we’ll miss you and your silly jokes!
11. May your new job be all that you wish for and a whole lot more. Keep in touch! Xx
Thoughtful New Job Messages
1. I’ve always known you could get it! I’m glad your perseverance, ambition and self-confidence have got you there. Now let’s hope your colleagues are as great as us…
2. I hope your new job be all that you aspire to become, and a whole lot more. Let me know if you’d like to catch up for drinks or lunch someday!
3. Thanks for having been such a good mentor, a positive and funny manager – you taught me a lot and help me grew in confidence. We’ll all miss you! Take care xx
4. You might not realise but you taught me a great deal. So a BIG thank you for all the help and guidance over the years. It’s been great working together – let’s keep in touch!
5. This position was truly made for you. Congratulations on finding such a perfect opportunity.
6. A job is only as good as the person who gets it. In your case, it’s a really good job.
7. A new job is not a new beginning, but it is a path to create a new ending. Congratulations!
8. I hope your new boss is half as grumpy as your old one and your new colleagues are double the fun as your old ones. Have a good time in your new office.
9. So proud and happy for you – you’ll be amazing, magical, and loved by all your colleagues!
10. I knew it! You so charming, witty, and fun! Congratulations sweetie xx
11. Glad you nailed that interview mate! I always knew you could do it! See, you need to believe in yourself more.
12. It’s okay to be nervous before your first day at the new job, but don’t have to worry about it too much. You are talented and intelligent; nothing can hold you down. Good luck!
Congratulation Messages for Promotion
1. From office politics to being the boss’ pet, there can be many reasons for getting promoted. But there is only one reason for getting headhunted, and that is sheer merit. Congratulations for being handpicked for your new job.
2. Some people just seem like the natural choice for a promotion. Congratulations on your higher level of responsibility and higher pay grade. You are a natural at your work and make it seem easy.
3. Promotions usually mean less actual physical work but way more responsibility. Good thing you are a very responsible person. I know you’ll do great. Congratulations
4. You deserve a job that challenges you in good ways and makes the best use of your talents. I’m glad to see you prosper.
5. When you’re in the right job, it doesn’t even feel like work. Congratulations on getting your new job, and I’m hoping that it never feels like a chore.
6. It’s a fantastic thing when a career and a passion come together. Well done on your promotion mate!
7. Congratulations and all the best for your promotion. All we hope that you won’t change and become a tyrant.
8. We are proud to have such a fun and talented co-worker among us. All the best for your next journey.
9. We’re so glad to hear about your promotion. We will miss a supportive, nice professional colleague like you.
10. The wheels of your career are spinning at full speed. Keep going and don’t hit the brakes now. Congratulations.
11. Congratulations! You inspire us all to move forward and keep on working toward our goals. Someday, we will meet you at the top. Cheers!
Good Luck in Your New Job Messages
1. Best of luck to you in your new job!
2. Good luck to you my good friend ?
3. Good luck on making this new job as enjoyable and fulfilling in the long run!
4. Best of luck for adjusting to this new job, and making it look like second nature. It will take time but you’ll get there. Believe in yourself!
5. I wish you the best of luck for your new job and for every coming test of your life.
6. Wishing that your new job brings you the highest promotions and the sweetest success! Good luck at your new job my friend!
7. Wishing you lots of success and happiness on this new job! Good luck to you my friend xx
8. Good luck on finding co-workers as weird and fun as us!
9. A new job is like a girlfriend or boyfriend. It will break up with you if you take it for granted. I wish you good luck.
10. I wish you a very good luck for your future. May you get many more successes and shine like a bright star.
11. Your new job sounds like a perfect fit. Wishing you all the best success – good luck!
Funny New Job Card Messages
1. Ah it’s finally the time when you pay me back all my loans! I’m over the moon for you, but mostly for me ?
2. You were too good for this place! I’m glad you knew it too ?
3. Get the hell out of HERE! Glad someone made it out alive!
4. You’re dead to us. Thank god you’re leaving.
5. All the best for the future. We will be missed…
6. Hope your new colleagues will put up with you as much as we did!
7. Hope your new job doesn’t suck as much as this one.
8. Congratulations on getting a new job. Now you can expect better co-workers, better perks, better hours, and of course… better pay!
9. If feeling proud of you was a real job, then I’d deserve a promotion, too.
10. The more you earn for yourself, the more you can spend on friends like me ?
11. Well done on finding a new location to check Facebook from every day!
Rude New Job Messages
1. Go on then. P*** of. Bye.
2. Congrats on your new job… try not to moan about this one!
3. Goodbye! Just confirming that you’re dead to us now.
4. Congrats on finally leaving that s*** hole!
5. Please take me with you! Don’t leave me alone here with these losers!
6. Well done on your new job – try not to mess it up this time yeah?
7. Good luck trying to convince your new work colleagues that you actually know what you’re doing…
8. Here’s to your new job! I hope you’re not so busy you don’t have time to mess around on the internet…
9. P*** off and don’t come back! Traitor.
10. Never mind – you were s*** at your job anyway!
11. It’s going to be even s***er here without you 🙁
If you’re looking for more new job card ideas, take a look at our beautiful and funny personalised card range.