What to Write in a Thank You Card: Best MessagesLast updated: February 8th, 2023 Published on: August 14, 2019
Looking for something a little more meaningful to say than a simple thank you in your card? We have come up with a few message ideas to thank anyone, at any occasion. Whether it’s a thank you message to all your wedding guests for joining in your big celebration or paying for your honeymoon, or a polite thank you for your Christmas or birthday gift.
It might also be a thank you note you’d like to write to your child’s teachers for their hard work through the year, or even a poetic and deep thank you to all your family and friends who gathered at your loved one’s funeral.
Thank You Card Messages for Christmas
- Thank you so much for your thoughtful Christmas gift. I really appreciated it! Hope you have a great new year!
- Thank you for the Christmas gift. You made my holidays truly special.
- A warm thank you for your wonderful Christmas gift! I love it so much and it fits me like a charm! You know me the best xxx
- Many thanks for such a joyful and fun gift this Christmas! I hope you had a lovely Christmas a new year. Hoping we can catch up soon.
- Your gift was absolutely fantastic! We have all enjoyed testing the selection of food, and we’re really glad you got to come over this year to celebrate together! Lots of love xxx
- I was so pleased to receive the confirmation of your donation to my chosen Christmas charity. As you know, it’s a cause very close to my heart. Thanks again!
- Thanks so much for hosting Christmas at your house this year. The delicious food, wines, kids laughs, and stories were irresistible! Simon and I felt truly spoilt and would like to say a big thank you for all the effort you put in. Next year it’s Christmas at ours! With love xxx
- Somehow you knew exactly what I wanted. I can tell you put a lot of thought and effort into my Christmas present. Thank you so much!
- Thanks for knowing me well enough to get me good gifts for Christmas without having a good wishlist XD
- Thank you for being a great friend and for being so thoughtful with my Christmas gift.
Wedding Thank You Card Messages
- Thank you so much for joining us on our wedding day. Having our friends and family there made the day truly unforgettable. We were so happy to receive the gift that you so kindly gave to us.
- We are so sorry that you weren’t able to make it to our wedding. We had a lovely day and were thinking about you. We would like to make sure that you know how much you were missed and that we are so appreciative for the honeymoon contribution/special gift that you sent us.
- Thank you so much for attending our wedding! We had a lovely day and were so happy that you were there. We are so grateful for your generous donation, that we will be adding to our honeymoon fund. We will be sure to send you a postcard. Thanks again!
- We are so grateful that you traveled so far to be with us on our wedding day. We know that it was a long trip, but it meant the world to us that you were there. We hope you had a great time, thanks for making it a truly special day.
- Thank you for being there on our wedding day! We loved having you by our side for this important occasion and are so grateful for your help, as well as your positive and pro-active attitude during the preparations. Thanks for helping to make our wedding day unforgettable. We couldn’t have done it without you!
- Thank you so much for being there on our wedding day, you helped make it truly unforgettable. It meant the world to us that we could celebrate with you.
- Thanks so much for the very thoughtful wedding gift. Couples can always use a little help getting started on their new life together, and we’re very grateful for your generosity. It was great to see you and we really hope you enjoyed the day.
- From the bottom of our hearts, thank you for going out of your way to be at our wedding. It meant so much to look out and see your smiling face in the pews, and to have a chance to talk and catch up at the reception. We can’t tell you how much we appreciate it. Our big day was even more unforgettable because you were there to celebrate it with us.
- Having you as part of our wedding meant so much to us. Your smiles, your words, your hugs – they all made our magical day even better. We loved having you there to share in the celebration. Everything about the wedding was better because of you. Thanks for being an important part of our special day, and the best bridesmaid/usher ever!
- What a great wedding day! It truly wouldn’t have been the same without you! Thank you for all the big and small ways you helped out, and for all the laughter and energy you shared. You’ll always be an especially fun part of our wedding memories.
- I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for your support in planning and pulling our wedding day together! It went absolutely beautifully, down to the finest details. It was a dream-come-true day for us, and I know it wouldn’t have been possible without you. Thank you for going above and beyond for us!
Thank You Teacher Card Messages
- If there were a Nobel Prize for Best Teacher, I’m sure you would get it! Thank you for being a fantastic, caring and inspiring teacher to me this year.
- It takes a big heart to shape little minds, and a shed load of patience too! Well done Mr Osborne!
- You are so much more than a teacher to me Mrs Brown. You’ve been my mentor and wonderful guide throughout this year! I can’t thank you enough, so please accept this small present to show my appreciation 🙂
- Thank you for all the kindness, understanding and patience you have given our little Oscar this year. We know his energy and needs can be overwhelming at times, so we really wanted to tell you that we are very grateful for your positive energy and not giving up on him. You’re the best! With love xx
- Well done for making it to the end of term without killing any of us!
- We know being a teacher job is stressful and the hours are long, but we think you’re truly amazing at it! I am grateful to have you in your little Suzie’s life. Thank you.
- Thanks for being a great teacher. You’ve had a real positive influence on our little boy – we can definitely see how much he has grown and matured this year. Thank you very much xx
- You’re such an inspiration Mr Titley! We can’t thank you enough for all your encouraging words, inspiring ideas, and alternative learning methods you came up with for our little Harper – you’ve really helped her knowledge and confidence grow. We are very grateful, thank you.
- Thanks for putting up with my kid this year! Enjoy your break Mr Ridley!
To find many more card message ideas, please read our special Thank you teacher card messages blog.
Birthday Thank You Wishes
- Thank you for your kind words and lovely card. Now let’s pretend it never happened so that I can still be in my early 20’s/30’s this year.
- Your relentless tirades give me a new appreciation for my bathroom mirror selfie – thanks ever so much!
- To you my snazzy friend – thank you for the birthday wishes!
- Thanks for the birthday wishes to anyone who noticed my name today in the upper right corner of your Facebook page.
- Thanks so much for your awful card and rude words. It feels so great to be surrounded by cynics like you.
- Perfect card mate! It made me laugh so much, I had the most memorable birthday thanks to you!
- Oh, thank you for your boring tweet spreading my birthday news!
- Don’t consider it a birthday thank you note; I’m just trying to improve my writing skills.
- Thank you for your attendance on my birthday. It made me ready to celebrate my birthday twice a year.
- I can’t begin to thank you for the overwhelming outpouring of love shown to me on my birthday. Really… it was too much! Hold back next time ?
- Thank you, my friend. There is nothing more to say to about your horrible birthday card.
- Thank you all so much for all the silly birthday comments, and awful photo memories. You all really know how to make me feel so special.
Funeral Thank You Card Messages
- Your flowers brought light into a very difficult time. Thank you for your love and support through everything.
- Thank you so much for the condolences. We truly appreciated the warm words of comfort.
- Thank you for sharing in the celebration of William’s life. Our whole family appreciates the support.
- Thank you for the stories and memories you shared with us all at the funeral. They truly helped our family and highlighted what a special person Roger was.
- Your words were so kind and very much appreciated in these tough times. You’re such a thoughtful friend, and it meant so much to have you with us.
- We are so thankful for your generosity, and support to us in these difficult times. It’s heart-warming to see just how much you cared for Margaret over the years, you’ve made such a difference in her later life.
- I appreciate the sympathy card, note, and flowers you sent when mum passed away. You’ve always been a thoughtful person and it means a lot that you are there for me.
- Thank you for going to the funeral home with me to help make arrangements for my mum. She was very special to me and I am glad you were able to go with me. It’s all felt overwhelming but your support has helped me get through it. The service went out well and she would be very proud of us, so thank you.
- You are such a strong, loving person. Thank you for helping me when my dad passed away. I am so glad you were there for me and put the effort in to help me through a tough time. I am grateful for your support and I know he would be too. Thank you.
- Thank you for being my best friend and being there once again when I needed help. The funeral went as well as a funeral could go and I was thankful to have you by my side. And, I appreciate the cards, phone calls and words of support throughout this tough time.
Graduation Thank You Messages
- Thank you so much for attending my graduation ceremony. I know it was a long trip down for you and I appreciate you driving to be there on my special day. Also thank you for your generous gift. I know I will be putting it to use very soon.
- Thank you for remembering my graduation. Your card was very thoughtful and I’m glad I could celebrate with you. Looking forward to seeing you soon.
- It was a real treat having you at my graduation ceremony. Thank you so much for being there for me throughout the years and joining me to celebrate.
- Thank you so much for the money you gave me. I know you always joked about how I was your favourite, but I never suspected it was true! ;). Thanks again for the card and money, it was very generous of you.
- Thanks so much for the graduation money. It will help me immensely when I need a little extra cash and to help pay off my student debts. I promise I won’t spend it on beer! I would also like to thank you for attending my graduation and coming to the reception. I can’t wait to see you again at our next family reunion.
- Thanks for all the encouragements and support. I would have never been able to graduate without your help, you are and will always remain the most important people in my life.
- I can’t thank you enough for supporting, helping and being there whenever I needed you through my academic ups and downs! You’re a true friend. Let’s keep that bond and keep in touch!
- Words can barely describe how grateful I am for your support throughout my time at university. Thanks so much for making the day more special by celebrating with me and for your very thoughtful gift.
- Your valuable thoughts always hold a significant place in my heart. Thank you for the beautiful card and gift on my graduation. See you again soon!
- Thank you for brightening my graduation day with your presence. It was so nice of you to come and I hope you enjoyed it.
For more card ideas, browse our thank you cards or if you’re looking for something thoughtful to offer with your card, take a look at our wide selection of thank you gifts.