So someone you know is engaged. Now you need to think of something to write in the card? Maybe it’s a close friend, a relative or your son or daughter and you want to write something extra special. We’ve come up with loads of ideas for what you can write in an engagement card, all separated out into different sections – you’re welcome!
Quick, Simple Engagement Card Ideas
Just looking for something quick but brilliant? Have a look at these simple, yet effective messages and pick out what you wish.
- Really happy to hear the news, you guys make a great couple! Wishing you all the best with the lead-up to the wedding and for the future.
- Congratulations on your engagement. Wishing you all the best for the future. Good luck!
- We’re so excited for you both. Wishing you both a great future together. Congratulations!
- Congratulations!! Here’s to a long and happy life together.
- Well done on getting hitched – it’s about time! Can’t wait to celebrate with you. Wishing you all the best for the future.
- Happy engagement! I can’t wait for your wedding! May you have a long, happy and healthy life together.
- Cheers to the new husband and wife to be! Congratulations on your engagement!
- I’m really happy for you both. Wishing you all the best with the engagement and beyond! Lots of love.
Funny Engagement Messages
It’s always funny to make a joke inside the card; have a look at these cheeky ideas which are sure to get a smile out of the bride and groom at the very least:
- I’m so proud of you both for choosing to get married out of love and not an unexpected pregnancy.
- Congrats on your engagement! I’m so excited for the open bar. I mean, the wedding day!
- You’re both so lucky to have found the one person who you want to annoy for the rest of your life.
- Congratulations, and remember… keep calm, there’s plenty of lawyers and divorces are becoming easier and easier. Just enjoy the wedding.
- Congratulations on your engagement. Enjoy this magical time between now and when reality smacks you in the face.
- Congratulations on settling for someone.
- Congrats on your amazing and beautiful new engagement ring! Oh, and your fiancé seems nice too.
- There are two ways to get jailed for life. One is to commit a bad crime and the second is to get hitched. Congratulations for choosing the latter.
- Congratulations on the engagement. PS, There is a reason ENGAGEMENT rhymes with ENTRAPMENT and IMPRISONMENT.
- Engaged is a synonym for busy. Now you can officially ward off your friends and family from disturbing you because you are ‘engaged.’ Congratulations!
- I’m so happy for you and your new ring – I mean, fiancé…
- Well done on avoiding becoming a crazy cat lady!
- Congratulations! I’m 90 percent happy for you and 10 percent jealous. (OK, maybe 80% happy and 20% jealous)…
- Never laugh at your partner’s choices; you are one of them now.
- If he doesn’t start crying when he sees you walking down the aisle, turn around and do it again.
Thoughtful and Romantic Messages
Looking for a more inspirational or romantic sentiment? Have a look our sweet messages for the newly engaged couple below.
- There will good and bad times but you will face them together as a couple. You can do anything as long as you have each other.
- May your engagement be the beginning of an everlasting dedication, happiness and commitment to each other.
- Go make a beautiful life together forever! Happy engagement wishes to you both!
- Congratulations on your engagement! You make a wonderful couple. Wishing that this be just the start of a long and wonderful journey.
- I’m so happy you have found love in each other. All the very best with the wedding plans and have a lovely life together.
- Love one another and you will be happy. It’s as simple and as difficult as that.
- Engagement is the time when you have a clear view of how wonderful your coming life will be. So try to get the best vision of a great and wonderful future waiting for you.
- Congratulations on your engagement!! I wish you both a lifetime of happiness and hope the wedding plans will be stress-free. Looking forward to the wedding!
For more ideas, check out our engagement cards where you can upload photos, add names and messages for that extra special card.