Find something different to write in a Christmas card this year and browse our unique Christmas message ideas. We’ve consulted the card experts here at HQ and done some research around the globe, to leave you with a list of great ideas you can steal as if they’re your own. Whether you’re writing one card or 50 cards, you’ll find a range of quotes and things to write for all types of people.
Simple Festive Message Ideas
- Wishing you a wonderful Christmas and happy holidays.
- Have a very merry Christmas and a happy new year!
- Wishing you all the best that a holiday could offer.
- May your Christmas season be filled with happiness and laughter!
- Merry Christmas and best wishes for the new year ahead.
- Wishing you peace, love and laughter this holiday season.
- Have a lovely Christmas and a fantastic new year!
- I hope your Christmas will be filled with lots of love and happiness… and even more presents!
- Happy Christmas! Merry wishes and Santa kisses!
- Have yourself a very merry Christmas… and an amazingly awesome new year!
Funny Christmas Messages
- Christmas is a good excuse to send cards to all my favourite people. Congratulations on retaining your position on my list this year.
- I don’t usually write Christmas cards, but when I do, I usually write the same thing in all of them. Happy Christmas!
- I’m writing a unique and personal message in each of my Christmas cards this year. So for you, I’d like to say: Whoever you are, merry Christmas to my friend/family member who is really special.
- I would write something funny to wish you a merry Christmas, but there are some things that you just don’t joke about.
- May your fun be large and bills be small this year. Merry Christmas!
- I put so much thought into your gift that it’s now too late to get it and/or sold out. Merry Christmas anyways!
- Get your fat pants ready, it’s Christmas.
- Don we now our ugly sweaters. It’s Christmas time!
- Merry drunk! I’m am so Christmas!
- Happy Christmas. May you never be too grown-up to search the skies on Christmas eve.
- Have a very merry Christmas and remember Christmas calories don’t count…
- Happy Jesus’s birthday day!
- Here’s wishing your stockings are filled with something other than coal.
- Merry Christmas and all that other fun stuff.
- Santa saw your Facebook – you’re getting a dictionary this year!
Thoughtful Things to Say
- Here’s hoping you have a wonderful Christmas filled with moments you’ll always remember.
- May this festive season sparkle and shine and all of your wishes come true. I hope you feel the happiness all year round. Merry Christmas!
- I hope you have your best Christmas yet and look forward to catching up with you soon.
- May your days be bright and all your Christmases be white!
- Here’s to the spirit of Christmas bringing joy to your heart and happiness to your home.
- Wishing you and your loved ones peace, health, happiness, and prosperity in the coming New Year.
- May this Christmas end the present year on a cheerful note and make way for a fresh and bright New Year. Here’s wishing you a Merry Christmas and a happy New Year!
- It’s the time of year for cakes, carols, laughter, reindeer, and most importantly – love. Merry Christmas.
Rude/Offensive Christmas Ideas
- He sees you when you’re sleeping, he knows when you’re awake, he knows if you’ve been bad or good, so you my friend – are SCREWED!
- There’s room for everyone on the nice list. Except for you, you’re a w***er.
- To do list: B̶u̶y̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶i̶d̶i̶o̶t̶ ̶a̶ ̶C̶h̶r̶i̶s̶t̶m̶a̶s̶ ̶c̶a̶r̶d̶.
- Merry p***ed-mas!
- A tree died so you could have this Christmas card – I hope you’re proud of yourself.
- I’ve asked Santa for a big fat bank account and a slim body for you… I hope he doesn’t mix them up like he did last year!
- Treat yourself this year… because I sure as hell didn’t get you anything.
- May your bells jingle all the way, whatever that means? Anyway, Merry Christmas!
Messages for Partner
- If a fat man puts you in a bag tonight don’t worry, I told Santa I want you for Christmas.
- Can I please have your picture so I can show Santa what I want for Christmas?
- Meet me under the mistletoe!
- For me, the Christmas season starts when we get together. Looking forward to talking and catching up soon.
- Happy Christmas – to my favourite husband/wife.
- You’re the best part of Christmas to me.
- Here’s to a wonderful Christmas together!
Things to Say for Family
- Wishing you and your family a very merry Christmas and a happy New Year.
- Merry Christmas! We’re looking forward to a new year of creating happy memories together.
- I couldn’t hope for more at Christmas than a holiday surrounded by the family I love.
- Oh what fun, Christmas season has begun! May your blessings astound you and family surround you. Merry Christmas and happy New Year!
- Family is what Christmas is all about. So grateful for you!
- This time of year, I’m especially grateful for family like you.
- Our family is so lucky to have you in it. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas!
Christmas Quotes and Puns
- Keep Calm and jingle all the way.
- Christmas is a time when everyone wants his past forgotten and his present remembered.
- At Christmas play and make good cheer, For Christmas comes but once a year.
- Christmas is Claus for celebration!
- “The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear” – Buddy the Elf.
- “Merry Christmas you cotton headed ninny muggins” – Buddy the Elf.
- “Money’s scarce, Times are hard, Here’s your f***ing Xmas card” – Phyllis Diller.
- “You can tell a lot about a person by the way they handle three things: a rainy day, lost luggage and tangled Christmas tree lights” – Maya Angelou.
- You know you’re getting old, when Santa starts looking younger.