What to Write in a Valentine’s Day CardLast updated: February 28th, 2023 Published on: January 28, 2019
It’s that time of year again – Valentine’s Day is now around the corner. But don’t panic if you have no idea of what to write in your card (again), because we’ve got you covered! In this list, you’ll find our top picks for funny, cute and thoughtful things that you can write in your loved one’s Valentine’s Day card to win major brownie points, whether it’s your fiancé, husband, wife, or your new boyfriend/girlfriend or partner. So read on and channel your inner Romeo or Juliet…
Not sure what to write in your Valentine’s Day card? Don’t worry, our experts are here to help
With February 14th rapidly approaching, we’ve challenged our creative teams to put together their top ideas for messages to write in your Valentine’s Day card to help make sure you’ve got everything sorted for the big day and put the cherry on top of the perfect Valentine’s Day. So, whether your crush or partner likes a good sense of humour, a cheeky or naughty message, or something more wholesome and thoughtful, we’ve got everything you need to win major brownie points this year. Simply pick one you think they’ll love and add to your card (don’t worry, we’re happy for you to take credit for the words 😉).
Simple Things to Say
To start off, we’ll keep it simple. If you’re sending a Valentine’s card to a crush, you’re still in the early stages of your relationship and don’t know their sense of humour too well, or you just want to keep it concise, these short but sweet Valentine’s messages are perfect for saying how you feel (and you can take all the credit!).
- I love you more every single day. Happy Valentine’s Day!
- I love you, and always will, with all my heart and soul.
- You’ll always be the one for me! All my love.
- Sending you a whole lot of love today.
- The best thing about my life is you! Lots of love.
- Happy Valentine’s Day to you my lovely wifey/husband to be.
- To you, my one and only. Happy Valentine’s Day!
- I’m so glad I found you! Here’s to us!
- I couldn’t ask for a more wonderful partner than you.
- I hit the jackpot when I met you!
- I’m so lucky to have a girlfriend as gorgeous as you.
Funny Valentine’s Day Messages
Did you know that a good sense of humour can actually make you more attractive? Not only that, but couples who laugh more together tend to have higher-quality relationships as well – and who are we to argue? So, channel your inner comedian and increase your chances with your crush with these top funny messages for inside your Valentine’s card.
- You are the sunshine of my life, that’s why I’ll always be arouuuuund! Happy Valentine’s Day little apple of my eye.
- Roses are red, Hellebores are green, Treat me to Valentine’s dinner, or I’ll make you a scene!
- If I could, I would wrap up all my love for you and put it in a gift box. But that’s way too expensive so enjoy this card instead!
- I’m so happy I found someone who’s as weird as me!
- I love you so much, I can’t wait to annoy you for the rest of my life.
- Happy Valentine’s Day! I look forward to a 5-star dinner tonight and being treated like your queen.
- This will definitely be a kids-in-bed-early kind of night!
- Congratulations on keeping me for another Valentine’s Day – you lucky thing!
- It doesn’t mean you are my true one-and-only-forever-love or any of that nonsense – just that I like your eyes and your smile! 🙂
- You are as soft as my favourite camembert – what’s why I love you so much.
- I wish you a Happy Valentine’s Day with all my heart, and lungs, and liver, and spleen…!
- Love is in the air! So don’t hold your breath!
- I love you just the way I am.
- You’re so bossy, arrogant and forceful… but you’re also lucky I know how to love!
- I’m so glad you’re my emergency contact person :o)
Cute Valentine’s Day Messages
If your Valentine is the sentimental type, a simple but cute and thoughtful message that let’s them know how much they mean to you can often be best. From wholesome to downright adorable, here are our top selections for cute Valentine’s Day messages that you can write in your card this year.
- Doing absolutely nothing with you means absolutely everything to me!
- Thanks for being you and for being mine.
- You are the craziest and best thing that happened to me.
- I know it’s cheesy but we’re meant to brie.
- I love you more than I ever thought I could. Happy Valentine’s Day!
- Hope today is as gorgeous as you.
- You’re all I ever wanted and I’m so glad you’re mine.
- I’m so excited to be sharing our first Valentine’s Day together. All my love.
Meaningful Valentine’s Day Messages
How often do you say “I love you”? If your partner is the affectionate type, say it from the heart and get soppy with these heartfelt, meaningful Valentine’s Day messages. Perfect for reminding them just how important and loved they are and how much you value having them in your life.
- Since I met you, you’ve been my rock and my number one supporter. And for that, I can’t thank you enough. All my love.
- You make each day so much more memorable that I can’t imagine my life without you.
- Because I truly wouldn’t feel complete without you. I’m so lucky to have found you. Happy Valentine’s Day!
- I can’t wait to spend the rest of my life with you. Cheers to us, and to this fantastic year ahead of us celebrating our love.
- Thank you for lifting me up when I’m down, and always finding the right words to reassure me when I’m anxious. I truly don’t know how I would do it without you. I love you.
- Happy Valentine’s Day my love! I feel so lucky we crossed paths. You are the perfect match for me, the best man ever.
- Thank you for all the support and the unconditional love you give me every day.
- Nobody else as ever brought me so much joy and motivation every day. Thank you for being you. All my love.
- Thank you for being such a caring, understanding and strong partner over these many years spent together.
Cheeky and Rude Valentine’s Day Messages
Are you the type of couple that shows affection through sarcasm? Or perhaps you’re looking for a cheeky not-safe-for-work message to let them know what you’re looking forwards to this Valentine’s Day… Either way, we’ve picked out a few brilliantly cheeky and rude messages for your card this Valentine’s Day – enjoy!
- Valentine’s Day is the perfect day to tell you those 3 special words… Let’s get naked!
- This Valentine’s Day to do list: 1. You!
- I’ll shave my legs…just for you today! Happy Valentine’s Day!
- Happy Valentine’s! You’re lucky – I hate everyone but you!
- Congrats – you are officially my favourite weirdo!
- You might be a **** head, but you’re my **** head.
- You’re such a ****, but I love you.
- I love you even more than a fat kid loves cake!
- I suppose you’ll do…
- Thanks for loving me, even though I can be massive ****.
For more Valentine’s inspiration that’s sure to get the romance stirring, check out our full range of Valentine’s Day cards or make your grand gesture with a beautiful array of Valentine’s Day Flowers with FREE Next Day Delivery.
You’ll also find a whole range of cute and romantic personalised gifts to win their heart, from teddy bears wearing a t-shirt with your photo on it, to mugs, cushions, canvas prints and more. Explore our full range of Valentine’s gifts for more.